Total Bile Acids
Serum Total Bile Acids (TBA) increase in patients with acute or chronic hepatitis, hepatic schlerosis, obstetric choleostasis and cancer of the liver. TBA is a useful additional marker to the conventional liver enzymes as it is a sensitive indicator of liver damage.
The Diazyme TBA assay from Alere is used in a large number of laboratories in the UK.
- It is a sensitive marker of liver damage in all species so is useful for the clinical and veterinary market
- Serum or plasma treated with EDTA or Lithium Heparin can be used
- The kit contains liquid stable, ready to use reagents for ease of use
- Calibrator is included in the kit and is also available separately
- Stat results are possible as the assay reaction time is less than 10 minutes
- Application sheets for automated systems are available on request
- Third party quality controls available
*Please note for this product we are able to ship to all countries within the EU
To enquire about a specific product click the icon next to the listing below.
Save time: Register here and avoid having to re-enter your information when making multiple product enquiries. If you already have an account please login to the left.
Important Note: Unless stated otherwise we are only able to deal with UK enquiries. For enquiries outside the UK please refer to www.alere.com for a distributor in your area.