Connecting withCardiovascular Medicine
Alere Triage® BNP Panel
A rapid, objective point-of-care immunoassay to aid in the diagnosis and assessment of severity of heart failure. The test is also used for the risk stratification of patients with acute coronary syndromes and in patients with heart failure. This test is CLIA waived for use with whole-blood samples. The Alere Triage BNP Test is the first objective measurement for heart failure.
- Blood test measuring B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP)
- Cardiac hormone produced by the heart ventricles in response to ventricular volume expansion and pressure overload1
- Excellent hormonal marker of ventricular systolic and diastolic dysfunction2 The Triage BNP Test provides meaningful diagnostic information:
- 98 percent diagnostic accuracy in initial studies versus all other clinical findings in patients with or without disease history3
- Quantitative and accurate, rapid results help differentiate nonspecific signs and symptoms (dyspnea)3 with results in approximately 15 minutes