Connecting withCritical Care
epoc® Blood Analysis
The epoc blood analysis system integrates seamlessly into a patient’s care workflow. Whether this takes place in the community or within acute hospital care, epoc delivers real-time patient test results to healthcare professionals at the point of patient care.
Respiratory healthcare professionals who need to monitor patients with COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) will find epoc invaluable as they seek to implement new guidelines that encourage greater community management of such a complex long term medical condition.
Capillary blood gases (CBG) are an essential tool in assessment and management of many COPD patients and are suggested as part of the oxygen assessment. epoc makes this so much easier to perform accurately and facilitates effective ‘hospital at home’ care.
epoc is a handheld, wireless, point of care blood analyser delivering lab quality multi-parameter results. Epoc is the first and only wireless ‘near patient’ testing solution to use smart card technology. Once fresh blood is passed across biosensors on the epoc test card, results are sent to the hand held mobile computer in just 30 seconds. The quality of test results from the epoc system are equal to or better than the results generated by traditional blood gas or chemistry analysers run in a laboratory.
- Quality results support immediate treatment decisions enabling a reduction in referrals & admissions.
- Blood gases are a more accurate method of assessment compared to saturations (from pulse oximetry).
- Patient’ condition better controlled – fewer exacerbations and call outs.
- Epoc enhances the patient experience, more convenient and less invasive.
- Reduces levels of inappropriate prescribing for patients on short burst oxygen therapy (SBOT).
- Allows follow up of patients at home who are prescribed long term oxygen therapy (LTOT).
To enquire about a specific product click the icon next to the listing below.
Save time: Register here and avoid having to re-enter your information when making multiple product enquiries. If you already have an account please login to the left.
Important Note: Unless stated otherwise we are only able to deal with UK enquiries. For enquiries outside the UK please refer to www.alere.com for a distributor in your area.