Connecting withEmergency Medicine
Alere Triage® CardioRenal Panel
The Alere Triage® CardioRenal Panel is a rapid, point-of-care fluorescence immunoassay to be used with the Alere Triage® Meter for the quantitative determination of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) and B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) in EDTA anticoagulated whole blood and plasma specimens.
- The Alere Triage® CardioRenal Panel combines two powerful biomarkers, BNP and NGAL, in a single rapid test
- The NGAL test is used as an aid in the diagnosis of acute kidney injury
- BNP is used as an aid in the diagnosis and assessment of severity of congestive heart failure (also referred to as heart failure), an aid in the risk stratification of patients with heart failure, and an aid in the risk stratification of patients with acute coronary syndromes
- Allows simultaneous assessment of heart failure and kidney injury to aid in critical treatment decisions
- Patients with acute decompensated heart failure are frequently susceptible to an abrupt worsening of renal function and early identification of these patients could lead to better management strategies¹
- Studies have examined the relationship of NGAL levels to HF-related outcomes in these patients and found that measuring this renal injury marker in hospital may identify patients at elevated risk for death and 30-day readmission following discharge²
- Yields results in about 20 minutes
- Uses EDTA anti-coagulated plasma or whole blood sample types
- BNP measurable range: 5 - 5000 pg/mL
- NGAL measurable range: 15 - 1300 ng/mL
Alere Triage® CardioRenal Panel is for use with the Alere Triage® MeterPro
1. Alvelos, et al. Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin in the Diagnosis of Type 1 Cardio-Renal Syndrome in the General Ward. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2011.
2. Maisel et al. Prognostic utility of plasma neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin in patients with acute heart failure: The NGAL EvaLuation Along with B-type NaTriuretic Peptide in acutely decompensated heart failure (GALLANT) trial. EJHF 2011 13, 846–851.
To enquire about a specific product click the icon next to the listing below.
Save time: Register here and avoid having to re-enter your information when making multiple product enquiries. If you already have an account please login to the left.
Important Note: Unless stated otherwise we are only able to deal with UK enquiries. For enquiries outside the UK please refer to www.alere.com for a distributor in your area.
|Cat No||Description||Pack Size||Enquire|
|98420EU||Alere Triage CardioRenal Panel|
|98423EU||Alere Triage CardioRenal Control 1|
|98424EU||Alere TriageŽ CardioRenal Control 2|